Knockwurst

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dlfl

Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
PC, Fl
Recipe from http://www.lets-make-sausage.com/knockwurst.html

This is the second batch of sausage I have made. It is very good. I smoked with live oak and finished by poaching.

edb5c85a_Knockwurst001.jpg

e145fc0b_ab33ac00.jpg

b0032f3a_Knockwurst004.jpg

1a33406b_Knockwurst007.jpg

Great looking Knockwurts DLFL.......
icon14.gif
      I like the smokehouse you have. I need to make one for a buddy of mine but using smaller cinder blocks.... Cool......

Got a question for ya.... How was the garlic taste in the sausage..... Was it over powering the rest of the spices...... I've seen this recipe before and 6 cloves of garlic for almost 5 lbs of meat seems a little much... It was still delicious I'm sure

Joe 

Last edited:
Looks perfect!...JJ

Got a question for ya.... How was the garlic taste in the sausage..... Was it over powering the rest of the spices...... I've seen this recipe before and 6 cloves of garlic for almost 5 lbs of meat seems a little much... It was still delicious I'm sure

Joe 
Joe,

The garlic becomes roasted in the sausage so it is not a raw garlic taste. Taste great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky