KIZKA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here you go Larry-

Blood Sausage aka "Kiszka"
From -Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing- by Rytek Kutas, kindly shared by Doug Allison from Decatur, GA on alt.music.polka
Ingredients for 25 pounds

8 oz salt
1 oz onion powder
1 oz coarse black pepper
0.25 oz marjoram
0.25 oz ground allspice
1 qt beef blood
1 oz Prague Powder #1
12.5 lbs pork snouts
5 lbs pork tongues
2.5 lbs pork skins
5 lbs buckwheat groats or barley (cooked weight)

All meats must be cooked for at least 2 hours then cooled. Grind all the meats through a 3/16" grinder plate.

Place the buckwheat groats or barley in a container and cover with boiling water for at least 2 hours. Be sure you place a cover on the container to prevent too much heat from escaping. (You may cook either of these items until the volume is doubled.) Remove and let cool.

After all the meats and groats have cooled, place in a mixer and add all the seasonings and blood, and mix well. Stuff into beef bungs or beef middles. Blood sausage is then cooked in 160 degrees F. water until the internal temperature reaches 152 degrees F. Remove from cooker and shower with cool water until the internal temperature is reduced to 110 degrees F.; place in cooler for at least 24 hours.

thanks dutch,
i was confused about kizka.
there was a jewish person who told me he loved kiska
and i should try some.

i assumed that it was kosher.

most markets,in this area, do not carry blood sausage.

i am one who loves every thing but the squeel.
this sounds good to this wasp

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky