Kiwi lemon mint breasts....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqgoddess

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 13, 2008
TEMPLE CITY, SO CALIFORNIA
These beauties are going on the ol' smoker tonight with me brisket...

First I let them swim for a day in a brine of:

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup kosher salt
1 package lemonade mix (non sugar)
1 1/2 cup Kiwi lemon mint vinegar
2 tbls lemon pepper
1 big stix

when they were done with their olympic trials..
I rinsed them and rubbed them under the skin and on top with:

1 tbl kosher salt
3 tbl lemon pepper
2 tbl tumeric

back into the fridge until later.

I don't know what to say except for what an awesome, interesting concoction of a brine ya got there!! This is when I wish we had virtual tasting available on the forum!!!

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out, I'm sure they will have a lovely lemony bite that is sure to tantalize those taste buds!!!

looking fine, mighty fine..I like the idea of all the extra lengths you have gone thru to make it great.

when did you say the caban boy was hittin the road??

just the title of the thread got me looking-another interesting mix.

Here they are....
They look beautiful I love the color the turmeric gives them...I am gonna give them a little boost of Kiwi lemon mint vinegar.....

Sorry I just realized the pix is kinda dark...
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Looks great can't wait for final results

Your breasts look great! :)
Seriously, what in tarnation is Kiwi Lemon Mint Vinegar?
Homemade?
Sounds great but I've never seen anything like that here.

Big Stix - popcicle, cherry pinapple flavored..why? I was rushing on my brine and when I added it to the bucket I felt it was a little to warm so I tossed in a popcicle....it was a quick fix for my temp problem
biggrin.gif

Here is the web site for the Kiwi Lemon Mint vinegar www.cgvinegars.com they are young couple who make artesian vinegars. I also just got one that is called "cherry kiss" it's made with cherries, oranges, vinegar sugar and chocolate mint...yum!

The chix came out wonderful, on a side note next time I think I would use less salt in the rub and perhaps actual mint leaves between the skin and breast while smoking...they are yummy, a subtle mint flavor with a nice citrus splash. I am going to use this for a chicken salad with raspberry vinegrette.......
Have a great week all!! Happy smokes!!

Here is my shameless plug....
Throwdown! Throwdown! don't forget about next weekend!
biggrin.gif

Those look fantastic nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky