Kitty Litter in smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never used it in the smoker, but I keep a bag around to pour on the concrete where things drip out. Use a lot of it around the turkey pot
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

i got kittens on the porch taking dumps(self trained) in my gladiolas- i got a bleach/water bottle & put mothballs in the planter- they start crapping in my pit( see the curiosity pics)- i will cook kitten & have fuzzy slippers... ozzy ain't the only 1 to bite a head off something - last month i wrung a wild turkey's neck- a 2x4 & a stiff wrist no gun needed....

PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif
I'm sorry but we don't smoke cats in this house!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

We mostly smoke pork and beef critters along with an occasional yardbird. We also smoke fine honduran cigars.

There is an abundance of kitty litter here.

Cajunsmokers idea of using it around a cooker is a great idea.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

I spread a little pile of pool filter sand around the smoker to catch the drips it's dustless and clean and washes up good too with a little dish soap.

Never heard of using kitty litter. I have a Mason jar clipped under my CG to catch drips. I also have crushed stone in the area where I smoke, so whatever drips to the ground runs off into the earth below.

I put a beer flat (the cardboard deal that carries a case) under the old girl and toss it when I'm done (drinking the beer).

I have heard of other people using it in their drip pans and also wondered if it works. The "el-cheapo" kitty litter is just ground natural clay with no perfumes added. I would imagine it wouldn't be any different than sand. Just stay away of scented or clumping types as they have chemicals added.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky