Kingsford

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 18, 2006
NC
Anyone using the new Kingsford?

Just wondering what your thoughts are on it. I have mine......

Bill

Bill,
I have to say that unfortunately, I have used the new Kingsford. IMHO, it heats faster but stays hot for a shorter period of time. The price seems to be good though. Just this past Wednesday, I purchased four bags of it. They are the two bags per package type and the price of each two bag (24# per bag) deal was $7.98 at my local Home Depot. So for about $16 I bought 96# of charcoal. Bottom line is I don't like the new product as well as the original.

But, that being said, have you tried the lump charcoal? I bought a bag of it yesterday just to try it and I love it. I think it burns hotter and I think I like the flavor better. It's a little more expensive but, for me, I think it's worth it. I think that after I burn through the recently purchased Kingsford, I'll convert over to the lump 100%.

Hey guys;

I live in Knoxville TN. and we have a store here caled the Fresh Market that sells the lump charcoal. I my self used to use Kingsford untill I found this stuff about 5 years ago. I love the stuff it burns hotter and works better that any other charcoal I have used in my bullet smoker (ECB). At first the Fresh Market was the only place that sold the stuff, but a few other stores in town have started to carry similiar products. The first time purchased this stuff I thought it was rediculas the price they were asking, but after I used one bag I swore that I would never use any thing else. The lump charcoal does not leav a tast to your food eather like some of the other charcoals like Kinsford, especaly if it has any type of excelarent in it.
Even though I just purchased my first smoker with a side box on it I have been smoking for frends and family for about five years. They also think that the lump charcoal makes the food tast better. Plus when I smoke with it, it does a wounderful job of maintainning the heat that I need for smoking.

Hey Guys, there is a thread on this subject in the Charcoal Smokers forum New Kingsford Charcoal. Also in this Forum is a Lab reports from kingsford R & D that was posted by chipotlepat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky