Kingfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Daznz,

Cut the fish into strips before marinading. This allows more surface area and more marinade to be absorbed. It also helps to cook the fish more evenly. Large pieces of fish IMO tend to dry out on the outside and still be moist inside. I prefer smoked fish to be fairly dry throughout.

Be creative to make a marinade.

For kingfish I will use Milk, Water, Lea & Perrins, Hot Sauce, Dales Seasoning, Lemon Juice, and some random spices.

Cook at a low temp.

I caught a 35lb. Kingfish last weekend. I already cooked a third of my share but plan on smoking the rest.

Thanks for your help BCFishMan....... Very nice fish you have there. awesome fish to eat I love Kingfish...

Daza

Awesome fish BCFishMan!
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky