Kegerator Pt. 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

k5yac

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 3, 2008
Owasso, Oklahoma
After some minor modifications I was able to make this fridge a "full keg" kegerator. I even have 8" to spare up top, which is what the manufacturer recommends. I'm moving my BBQ condiments and other fixins to this fridge too.

kegin.JPG

Got a few frosty mugs ready... tap and pressure kit is scheduled to arrive on Friday according to FedEx. Just in time for Super Bowl weekend.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

frostymugs.JPG

Got a question for you refrigerator experts. The instructions clearly state "do not drill into the side of the refrigerator", but I've seen others do it, and my co-workers don't seem to think there should be a problem. What, if anything should I be aware of? I would like to install the tap in the upper left quadrant of the the side of the refrigerator, as I'm facing it. In other words, up as high as I can, and towards the front half of the side. I did see one exploded view of a refrigerator that illustrated some sort of line that might run down the middle, but if that is standard I should clearly miss it. Any comments or suggestions?

beerhere.JPG

Good question. I know I have seen them with the tap in the spot you want to put yours so it obviously can be done. Maybe there is concern of hitting a freon line or something, not sure.

Thanks for the great step-by-step pics of your project. Now you need to hook up with that new member that kegs his own brew hehe.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

i do not know on a newer fridge..i know old ammonia refrigerant fridges that all lines run on the back........my fridge is late 50's vintage.......

I have mine in the side just where you want yours to go. I simply drilled the hole (in the side of the fridge) with a hole saw, slid the tap through, cut a hole with the same hole saw in a 4"x4" piece of 3/4" plywood, slid it over the tap threads on the inside of the fridge and attached the nut. Snug the nut up against the plywood and you are in business.

I have never had a problem with the setup.

Hope this helps.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for the quick replies!

Fred420... I have a Sears Kenmore (mfrd by GE I believe) model 363.70947000, 19 cu ft with ice maker.

Hey Kosmo, been right through your neck of the woods a time or two heading home on leave. Beautiful out there!

My beer myster is probaly 30 yrs old runs about 7lbs for coors lt. When you pickup your keg ask the supplier what they recomend.

Personally, I have better results with about 13-14Psi.

I like to keep mine @ 33º. Man I love cold beer!

The better head the smoother the taste.1/2" recomemded. I can still pour a headless mug.

I have some 36oz mugs I like the best. We call them the bubba mugs!
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif

PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif
no coolant lines up the sides.....you will be fine...if you need to tie up beer lines get the little stickem 3m things at home depot.thet self stick and have a loop you can open or close to keep lines from being pinched..

Looks like your ready to rock. Nothing like a cold frosty draft. Do you have your favorite mug yet? I'm really partial to the pint glass these days, not sure why. Got enough room to put a TV on top?

Yep, I've got a liter mug that I brought back from Germany that will be my beer holder of choice. Probably do have room for a TV... haven't really thought of that much yet. Might have to scrounge one up.

Here are a couple of pics of my set up.

Nothing out of the ordinary but effective just the same. Below is a pre Q-VIEW of this weekends smoke.

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky