Keeping food hot while traveling

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
Been asked to bring some smoked foods to a family gathering an hour away from home. I was asked to bring a smoked turkey breast and shrimp smoked in butter and garlic. The turkey breast I can foil, towel, and cooler. OK with the turkey breast. Trying to figure out how to keep the shrimp warm.

Shrimp is gonna be tough. Maybe a short cold smoke then actually cook them when you get to your destination. They don't take long

Ryan

Been asked to bring some smoked foods to a family gathering an hour away from home. I was asked to bring a smoked turkey breast and shrimp smoked in butter and garlic. The turkey breast I can foil, towel, and cooler. OK with the turkey breast. Trying to figure out how to keep the shrimp warm.
Wrap the shrimp in separate foil packs, place them along side the wrapped Turkey, then cover with the towel.
JMHO
Richie

Reactions: whistlepig
I agree with Ryan...I would Cold Smoke the Shrimp an hour, keep cold and poach in the Garlic Butter at your destination. There is NO WAY to hold shrimp warm and at peak quality! I catered for several years and we never cooked shrimp ahead to be served hot. No need to as they cook fast...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky