keeping brisket warm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sparky30_06

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Magnolia, TX
Having a big party and going to smoke 2 large briskets.  BUT we are eating early so partying late so I don't want to wake up at 3am to start the brisket, so was planning on starting it the night befor at like 7pm so it would finish up around 9am.  What's the best way to keep it nice and warm till it's ready to slice up at 3 or 4 pm??

You should have no problem keeping them warm for 6 or 7 hrs. Take both briskets, wrap them in two layers of heavy foil, get an ice chest big enough to hold both briskets with some extra room. Line the bottom of the ice chest with an old towel, wrap each brisket in an old towel, place first brisket in, layer another towel, then place second brisket in, fill rest of the space with more old towels. Put the lid on and don't open it! They will still be almost to hot to handle when you pull them out of the cooler.

On a note of caution... since you know you are planning to cooler them for 6-7 hrs. I suggest you remove them from the smoker when the internal temp. on each brisket hits 185-190°. The carry over cooking will finishe them off in the cooler, if you take them all the way to 200° then cooler them they might get a tad mushy in texture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky