Kansas newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eureka smoke

Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I fired up my new Masterbuilt smoker today for the first time.... figured a butt smoked with apple would be a good place to start. I had a blast with the first smoke and it turned out great. I also kicked in some potatoes in the drip pan when I foil wrapped the roast. What a great meal... I ate way too much, but now I am plannng the next smoke. Turkey... I would love to try a brisket... maybe next in line. I am glad I did a lot of fourm surfing to learn from others advice first... Light blue smoke... Thanks! I look forward to learning from all of you.

I spent over an hour reading some of your posts. You seem to spend a lot of time outdoors. I have three deer in the freezer from this season and am in need of some venison smoking tips. Butterflied chops.... roasts? How do they come out?

Lets see if this works?
b472508b_vbattach16377.jpg

Welcome from Topeka! Ask lots of questions and recieve much enlightenment! The deer experts will be around soon to answer all questions and give tons of advice.

Welcome to SMF. I just did a Deer ham Christmas Eve. I have a thread here on it. I have also done several Deer loins. There all turned out great. There are alot of different options that you will soon find out about on deer meat. If you can't find my Thread on the deer ham, let me know and I will send to you. Good luck with future smokes.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us and look forward to your q-view in the future. As I it sounds like your hooked fast. Best of luck with all your smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your smoke, the Q, and your joining the SMF. Stick around... it only gets better.

Welcome to the forum!! Great place to learn most anything concerning Q!

Thanks for extending the welcome matt. I am having so much fun on this site. I am finding myself thinking about this smoking thing way too much... Is this normal? Hello, my name is Steve and I have a problem..... haha! While the turkey is thawing, I am thinking about "smoking a fatty"..... do any brands / varities smoke better than the rest?

Welcome to SMF. This is THE place. Myself I use Jimmy Deans as it is ready avaliable here where I live. If your area does not carry it I am sure there is some brand of pan sausage to be had. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky