Kansas City area

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

darock159

Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Kansas City Area (Olathe KS)
Peter De Groot from Olathe KS. I have a 40" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker with a cold smoke generator attachment.  I am fairly new to the smoking world, and I am really glad to have found a great new hobby.  I have smoked ribs, pork butts, brisket, turkey, chicken, steaks, burgers, pork chops, and pork loins.  I even tackled a 16 lb standing rib roast/prime rib for Christmas.  Needless to say I was very concerned about how that one turned out!  I am looking forward to my continuing education here.

Hi Peter! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it! The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, it helps others to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Peter from Lees Summit! Lots of great folks here and TONS of info. Stick around and you'll have more things on your "To Do" list than you can find time to do. Hang on and enjoy the Addiction!!!

Hello Peter,

[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]  [/color]
welcome1.gif
[color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]  to the SMF, the best BBQ site on the web.  Whatever you need to know about the fine art of BBQ you can find it right here, from recipes to technical knowledge.[/color]

One thing you need to know about us is that we like to see pictures of your creations and your gear.  We call it Q-View and its basically the 
Rules.gif
!!!

So, don't just talk about your food, show it!  Otherwise you may get a gentle reminder, like this...

worthless.gif
  or this...
th_What_NO_QVIEW.gif

Good Luck and Get Smokin'

Bill

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! You are going to love it here.

If you need any help roaming around the forums...just holler.  Will be glad to help out!

Kat

Welcome! How excited are you guys to have Alex Smith on board? Between him, jamaal Charles, and maybe Dwayne Bowe, it might be 2009 all over again for you guys!

The Chiefs are like a bad girlfriend. They swear up down and sideways that they will never cheat on you, and next thing you know they are sleeping with your best friend.

The Chiefs are like a bad girlfriend. They swear up down and sideways that they will never cheat on you, and next thing you know they are sleeping with your best friend.
lol that is the truth....But I digress welcome Peter have fun with the site...lots of info here a lots of friendly people.

I dunno dude. With the move Andy Reid has already made plus him still having the first round draft pick, I predict you guys will either barely miss the playoffs or get put out in the first round. You're a decent team in one of the weakest divisions in the league. The only real competition is Denver. You have a lot of talent on the team, your biggest problem is your o-line. Matt Cassel isn't a bad qb, he proved that in NE. but the second the ball was snapped he had the other team in his face. Anybody sucks if they don't have time to do anything. And let's be honest: Romeo was incompetent when it came to calling offensive plays. I think Reid will use the draft to build up your o-line and you guys will see a DRASTIC turnaround. Having lived in DC for the past 6 years in addition to being a falcons fan, I understand years of crappy seasons and "promises promises", but both my teams turned it around relatively quickly. And kc is making the same moves they did

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky