Kamado K5 Restore

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's no problem at all . I just did a larger version of a Weber Kettle handle . Not sure how well it will work . I think the original is a turned spindle . However some of the other Kamado type grills have square handles proud of the bracket . So we will see . This is what I have so far .
20190923_154723.jpg 20190923_154733.jpg
I'm kind of guessing at the mounting hole location , but should be close . I blew the picture up until 1" in the pic equaled 1" on my tape . Then I measured the picture to get the location . Should be close . I have 2 coats of stain on it now . If it looks good I'll put some finish on it in the morning .

chopsaw made this handle for me for my Kamado restore project. Let me tell you he is a true artist! I couldn't be happier. I gave him some basic measurements and somehow he made it a perfect fit, like it was made for this old Richard Johnson Kamado! chopsaw, I can't thank you enough, you certainly are a highly valued member of this great forum.
kamadohandle1.jpg
kamadohandle2.jpg

Last edited:
If it works for you that way that's great , but the " T " part of the handle should be in the front not the top . Maybe it didn't fit the other way ?

Reactions: smokininidaho
If it works for you that way that's great , but the " T " part of the handle should be in the front not the top . Maybe it didn't fit the other way ?
Boy am I dumb. I'll move it to the correct position, I'm sure it will fit this way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky