Kabobs anyone?

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by johnnyreb, Jul 8, 2005.

1. johnnyreb

johnnyreb Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

SC
    here is a pic of some chicken kabobs, they are so easy to make and tatse great with all the flavor from the sausage, peppers and onions

2. cheech

cheech Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I have found that marinating the kabobs with a made up mixture based around sesame oil is to die for.

3. I make a thai style of kabobs that I'll try to smoke some day, and will let you all know if they turn out ok. I only need to know how long you smoke yours crazyhorse? I would be using pork with a thai marinate.

Thanks Jake

4. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Jake, with the kabobs you can smoke them at a higher temp (275-300*)and since the meat is boneless you can pull it when the internal temp reaches 170*.

When I do kabobs, I put the meat on one skewer and the veggies on another. That way I can pull the veggies when they're done and still cook the meat to safe internal temps without worrying about burning the veggies.

5. Now that is a good Idea Earl D-. Thats make about 3 or 4 ideas I got from you hope to give you some back 1 of these days. I will definily give you the Thai recipe when I get off work.

Jake

6. dacdots

dacdots Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Jake,good to find someone else close to home.Im not to far from you ,Ripley WV just down I77 a ways.Welcome

7. Hey dacdots Thanks for the welcome. I come down your way alot going to Charleston. My lady is from thier. I also like your slogan. well take care and maybe we'll hook up for some good eats.

Jake