Kabanosy....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 3, 2009
Central NY
Did a small batch of kabanosy last weekend using the Marianski Bro.'s recipe, and smoked with pecan for a few hours. I used the smallest sheeps I had, 24-26mm. then left them in the frig to dry some.
This is them after the smoke last Sunday,

and here's a slice of one today, measures 18mm +/- now and the flavor is much more intense.

These's are really awesome, just a mild sort of hammy flavor..but better.
Thanks for lookin.

Reactions: crazymoon
Nice looking kabonosy, hope you had an easy time with those small casings as I thought they were a  PITA!
icon_biggrin.gif

I always love seeing your sausage Dan. 
ROTF.gif
 I would love to try that recipe. I just looked it up in the book you gave me a while back. Love the Marianski brothers. Hugs sweetness!

Nice one Dan...they look great! Kabanosy is high on my sausage to do list.

Why did you choose to use sheep casings? I thought they were typically done in hog?

No Dingo, Marianski says to use 22's . These are snack stick size and all I had was 24-26 but I think the smaller the better for these. Collagen's would work to I guess .

My apologies...you're correct....I'm getting my  Kabanosy and Aussie Saveloys mixed up. Damn...now I've got another one to make.!

They look great.

I am getting into stuffing.  May hit you up for some info.      
confused.gif

looks great Dan...................................
drool.gif

Looks good so good makes me get up, get one from fridge with a beer Thanks for sharing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky