Just Starting Out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

donna g

Original poster
Dec 27, 2015
Hi my name is Donna and I live in northern Vermont very close to the Canadian border. I switched to eating Paleo in July and wanted to create healthy bacon and sausages without sugar. My husband got me a Masterbuilt electric smokehouse for Christmas and I hope to start with bacon this week. The back story is about 30 years ago I got my father an electric smoker from Cabella's and he did venison and turkey and duck with it and we all loved it!

Welcome to SMF!

and yes you can do both bacon and sausage without sugar.

Check out the bacon and sausage forums and ask questions . most folks here are happy to share recipes.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get started. Thanks for the encouragement.

Hi Donna.

Welcome to our group. Be sure to join the MES group.  There you will find great hints and tips on the operation of your new unit!

b

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cold and dreary day in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks - I have been reading through some of the forums - its snowing here in northern VT and I still don't know where to locate my smoker (even though it has a cover) would like to protect it as much as possible.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky