Just Startin'

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by aquatictherapy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hey All,
    My name is Scott and I am just starting to learn about smoking meat. I am here to learn the equipment and methods. Thanks for everyone's knowledge.

2. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard! Do not be afraid to ask questions, we all have them from time to time. Check out Jeff's 5 day ecourse

3. fatback joe

fatback joe Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum.

4. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice to have you on board, Scott. There are smokers out there to meet your needs from inexpensive units like ECB's (around $50.00-70.00) to large stick burning units that can run a couple of thousand bucks). Best advice that I can give you is decide how much you can spend, pick your fuel source and pick your size and get the next size up. This will allow you to cook for your family and still leave you with plenty of room for additional fixing when you plan on having guests over for some 'que.

Enjoy!

5. kratzx4

kratzx4 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome to SMF. Lot's of friendly folks here. Ask any and all the questions that you want. someone will have an answer for you.

6. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

aquatictherapy
    Welcome to SMF, you picked a great site to learn from. Somebody always has answer and we like to share ideas. Glad you joined !!!

7. bertjo44

bertjo44 Smoking Fanatic

Welcome. There is a thread for explaining how you came up with your name. Looks like you might have a story. Glad to have you.

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the forum! There is plenty of knowledge around here to go around, so if you have questions, please ask. [​IMG] Keith

9. travcoman45

travcoman45 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

10. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF. Alot of wonderful, knowledge filled people here. Just watch out, this forum is addicting.

11. mulepackin

mulepackin Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcom aboard. You'll find lots of great info here and many different ways to "skin the cat". I've got a great deal of respect for everyone around here. Pretty friendly place to stop in to visit and learn.

12. thanks all for the warm welcome. I bought gosm and did my first set of ribs yesterday. I rate them a B+. Need to learn a little more and then adventure into the other things. Scott

13. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Scott,

The GoSM is a good unit, I have a propane GOSM myownself and I can load that baby up. Mine has four shelves so there is plenty of room. I have also modified my GOSM with a Char griller side fire box so I can switch over to lump and briquettes. Here is a link to page #3 of my conversion thread.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...?t=8069&page=3

14. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF!! Youll find lots of friendly folks here!!

15. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

welcome, you wont regret becoming a smoker, or joining the SMF.

16. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum Scott, good to have you aboard.[​IMG]

17. Welcome! Great site here. Lots of nice folks.

18. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, you will be glad you found us here......