Just some more pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Freezer is getting low on pastrami so time to stock up. Two whole corned briskets from GFS with a rub similar to the famous Katz deli pastrami. Smoked with a mix of cherry and oak on the Lang. While they were smoking I threw in a couple racks of babybacks for a buddy. Did them no wrap , hot and fast , membrane on 275-300 , spritzed with 50/50 apple cider vinegar / water with a splash of hot sauce. Came out perfect.
C92806E9-2D07-4FA5-9355-4D144D6E0334.jpeg
3B7A9C13-3A53-446C-ABF6-287FED42121D.jpeg
0F32C4EF-9029-4D93-9D2A-6467FACEF1FC.jpeg

That pastrami looks great Jeff! Much better than Katz’s I bet. I’ll take some piled high on rye.

Reactions: jcam222
That pastrami looks great Jeff! Much better than Katz’s I bet. I’ll take some piled high on rye.
looks great! if your making xray a sandwich and if ain't to much trouble can i have one too.
Im with Ray......Pile it high and throw some swiss on there with a little spicy mustard.
Jim
Thanks guys. My go to sandwich on this is 1/4 inch slices of pastrami, fried cabbage , havarti dill and some homemade Russian dressing type sauce. The havarti dill with it is excellent. I’m not opposed to sauerkraut, Swiss and brown mustard though.

Reactions: JLeonard
Mommy mommy, I want pastrami! That looks perfect Jeff, Like! I saw some really nice corned beef at Sam's last week, now I'm thinking thoughts! RAY

I get hungry every time jcam posts something. That pastrami looks awesome. I have been drooling over pastrami threads on SMF for years and keep saying,"I gotta do that", but I still haven't.

Wow Jeff, look at the color on that strami!!! Great job

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky