• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just some homemade wieners

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I like my dogs with mustard, ketchup, and onions. But I think I'd eat those right off the fire, no buns or anything. Looks darn good.

Jim

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
They look awesome!!
Al
Thanks much Al
Great looking hot dogs... Some info for ya, I have made hotdogs with pork and beef, some more pork than beef and some more beef than pork and IMO just using pork alone
was the best. You can add some uncured pork fatback with the skin off to the pork at 30%. The juicer will do a great job.

Boykjo
Thank you Boykjo, I have to agree straight pork is our preference too. I am anxious to receive the juicer and blank plate. We really enjoy our hotdogs, ring bologna and bologna chubs, but emulsifying was such a PITA.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I'd eat those right off the fire, no buns or anything.
Yup ,,, right off the camp fire cooked with a stick . Little bit of char and some ash from the wood coals . That'd be a meal from my childhood . Might even have to drop one on the ground and pick it up . One thousand one ,,,

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
I like my dogs with mustard, ketchup, and onions. But I think I'd eat those right off the fire, no buns or anything. Looks darn good.

Jim
Thank you Jim.
And yes, they are fantastic right off the fire.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Yup ,,, right off the camp fire cooked with a stick . Little bit of char and some ash from the wood coals . That'd be a meal from my childhood . Might even have to drop one on the ground and pick it up . One thousand one ,,,
Is it even cooked if it doesnt have a little dirt and grass on it?
Jim

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Is it even cooked if it doesnt have a little dirt and grass on it?
Jim
I don't think it is . Heck I used to eat one right out of the package will I was waiting for one to get done .

WI Smoker77

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Those dogs look fantastic. Love the grill shot, great char on them. Got me drooling and hungry as heck now. Going to google that juicer, I need to learn to make
these hotdogs!! Like!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.