Just soaking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slightly marinaded

Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Indiana
Greetings from slightly marinaded. I have been using hickory smoke when I grill out for some time now but never to the extent as described at this web site. I was introduced to the forum and the "art" of smoke by our good friend T-roy. Currently I am using a vertical Brinkman and my gas grill aided by chunks of hickory.
Within the month I plan to try my hand at smoking a turkey(per a request by my father-in-law) and a london steak. From there who knows what meat I will come across or what is on sale.
Autumn brings new opportunites to the table here in the Midwest so who knows what will be in the smoker next.

Good luck with everything. If you have any questions just ask the folks here they are wonderful and willing to offer any advice they have. Tooday was my first smokie and they helped all the way through it. Good Luck and Great Smoking

Welcome to the SMF, looks like you're getting right into it, it's all good.

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to give us Qview of anything and everything, we love to see all your good stuff! (Qview = pictures; i.e. "BBQ Views"). If you're from the midwest, do you have access to dried corn cobs? Great stuff to smoke with; my dad smoked all his hams and bacons with them; see the Qviews:
067df081_vbattach20181.jpg

ec8af5f2_vbattach20180.jpg

Corn Cobs? What the heck I'll give them a try! One question though would you use them only on hams and bacon or could you use them on other meat as well?

You can use them on anything that moves; they give a nice sweet smoke. Because of their natural sugars, be careful you don't get them too hot and they fire up on you tho. You can smoke with them exclusively or add them to your lump or wood, depending on what type of smoker you have.

Dude, I got some left over COBS from dinner the other night....you're welcome to 'em. Zoey had a bit of a runny nose, but let them dry out and IT'S ALL GOOD BROTHA!!!

One other question, do you use the bare corn cobs or whole ears with the corn still attached? I thought, until you mentioned "their natural sugars", that all of along you were refering to bare corn cobs.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky