just smoked my 1st pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkusnierz

Original poster
May 30, 2014
Ware, Massachusetts
I just did my first pork butt it was 7 pounds 12oz and I started it about 7 this morning and finished up about 4:30ish and then let it rest. I used mesquite chips and a dry rub the day before. I was nervous but now after today I have a little bit more confidence, every person that was at my house today wanted to dig in as soon as I took it out of the smoker to rest it. I choose not to put any BBQ sauce on it and let my guests try it with out it first and the ones did use the sauce went back for seconds and didn't want any. I just served it with slaw and everyone was similes and full bellies. My dad who is into extreme gourmet food said it was better then anything he smoked. So for all the advice I got for all you smoking folks, hats off to you for helping me out. Once I get on my computer I will upload a picture of the butt in its final resting stage.

Way to go. Nice to get that first one under your belt, hey? And now you can't wait for the next fix, right? Welcome to your new addiction.

Awesome smoke ! Great job on your first butt !
beercheer.gif
Thank you! I find that this maybe a great addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky