• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just moved in

jb395

Joined Jun 2, 2007
My name is John. This is my first time on. I am semi-new at smoking.
I am in Spokane, Washington. Am retired and in the middle of a remodel here at home.
OOPs,
Gotta go so on quick question. I am looking for brine recipies for turke and hams.

I'll be back - more later

JB395

linescum

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2006
welcome to SMF JB there are lot's of brining concoctions in the forums and a whole lot of friendly people that will make you feel right at home

squeezy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 17, 2005
Welcome to SMF JB395! (what ever that stands for)

Brining as yet is not my forte ...however there are many others here that will help!

Enjoy!

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Welcome to the SMF John. Great folks here so jump right in and post often.

Here is the recipe I like to brine my Turkey with. Not sure I would use it for Ham (never tried it)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar(I like to use brown sugar)
6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
2 bayleaves
6 whole cloves
1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed (see Cook's Note)
2 teaspoons whole allspice berries, crushed (see Cook's Note)
8 cups unsweetened apple cider or juice

Directions:
In a 3-to-4 quart saucepan, put the salt, sugar, ginger, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, and allspice. Add 8 cups of apple cider or juice and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Boil for 3 minutes,then remove from the heat. Add 4 cups of ice-cold water, stir, and set aside(in fridge) to cool.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.