Just moved in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jb395

Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
My name is John. This is my first time on. I am semi-new at smoking.
I am in Spokane, Washington. Am retired and in the middle of a remodel here at home.
OOPs,
Gotta go so on quick question. I am looking for brine recipies for turke and hams.

I'll be back - more later

JB395

welcome to SMF JB there are lot's of brining concoctions in the forums and a whole lot of friendly people that will make you feel right at home

Welcome to SMF JB395! (what ever that stands for)
icon_wink.gif

Brining as yet is not my forte ...however there are many others here that will help!

Enjoy!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to the SMF John. Great folks here so jump right in and post often.

Here is the recipe I like to brine my Turkey with. Not sure I would use it for Ham (never tried it)

Ingredients:
2/3 cup kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar(I like to use brown sugar)
6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
2 bayleaves
6 whole cloves
1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed (see Cook's Note)
2 teaspoons whole allspice berries, crushed (see Cook's Note)
8 cups unsweetened apple cider or juice

Directions:
In a 3-to-4 quart saucepan, put the salt, sugar, ginger, bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, and allspice. Add 8 cups of apple cider or juice and stir to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the salt and sugar have dissolved. Boil for 3 minutes,then remove from the heat. Add 4 cups of ice-cold water, stir, and set aside(in fridge) to cool.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky