Just got some bad news

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
from my bulk Tri-tip supplier, there will be no great sales anymore!!!!!!!! All last year I was paying right around $3 a pound for bulk Tri-tip. Right now its hanging right at $4.00-$4.25. Usually before big weekends like Memorial day it goes on sale but this past weekend it didn't. So it looks like we'll be burning less Tri-tip this year
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif

I never asked the butcher to cut me one.   
head-wall.gif

Besides I would one get one.

I ask my local Sam's butcher for a two pack of roasts. Last time they were $5.69 #

No SAMs here. Costco has tri tip here but it's $8.99 per pound. So my go to bulk supplier is still less expensive at $4. Just was so used to paying $3! The packs I buy have around 20 pounds of tri tip.

I think it's everywhere Case ! Seems as prices only have one direction, ^^^^^^^^. And it stinks ! They'll probably form another government agency to study it so prices will go up even more ! LOL. There's my rant ! :biggrin:

$6.99/lb is now the sale price for tri-tips at my local grocer.

Was at Costco last weekend and picked up two Choice grade tri-tips for $6.99/lb.  Prime was $9.99/lb.  I held the two grades right next to each other and frankly I could not tell any difference in the marbling.   In the past I could easily pick out the difference between the two grades.  I actually went to Costco to splurge and get the Prime grade to treat my wife to her favorite cut of beef for the holiday, but went with Choice instead.  

Yeah , a poor man like me can't afford much more than Chicken (unless I get a present of Beef from someone) . And it sucks , big time
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_mad.gif

Oh, well . Go and have fun with whatever you can get and as you do . . .

I guess I'll never get to try Tri Tips. It's not a normal thing around my neck of the woods, but if it was it would have to be cheaper than I can get Prime Rib. If they're both the same price, I'll take a well marbled Choice Prime Rib every time.

Bear

I guess I'll never get to try Tri Tips. It's not a normal thing around my neck of the woods, but if it was it would have to be cheaper than I can get Prime Rib. If they're both the same price, I'll take a well marbled Choice Prime Rib every time.

Bear

Bear I promised to send Smokin B a tri tip. Since you both live on the Eastside maybe I'll send two and you guys can have a smoke out!!!

I guess I shouldn't be complaining at $4 a pound that's still cheaper than all the other stores. I was just loving that $3 a pound price last year!

All the tri tips I do are choice and they are excellent!

Bear I promised to send Smokin B a tri tip. Since you both live on the Eastside maybe I'll send two and you guys can have a smoke out!!!

I guess I shouldn't be complaining at $4 a pound that's still cheaper than all the other stores. I was just loving that $3 a pound price last year!

All the tri tips I do are choice and they are excellent!
Hey I'm not up where these two fine gentlemen are but you send me one and I'll gladly send you some dough!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky