Just getting started

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

knuckles322

Original poster
I just bought an Oklahoma joe highland offset smoker. I was surprised that there were no instructions on how to use the smoker. I need help. Do I just build a fire on the offset, and meat in the large grill? Or is there fire on both sides? I am a rookie and need help. Any suggestions where to find directions or instructions?

I don't have an Oklahoma Joe but have always used an offset. You build a fire in the fire box let the smoker heat up then you can throw in some wood chips or chunks or even splits if they are small enough. Let the heavy white smoke die down then add your meat to the smoke chamber. Open the damper on your smoke stack all the way and control temp with the damper on the firebox. You obviously will have higher heat on the firebox side of the smoking chamber so keep your food to the center or the stack side of the chamber. Hope this helps you out some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky