Just bought my 2nd Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daddycraig

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
Hello everyone. My name is Craig from South Louisiana and i just bought my second Masterbuilt Smoker. My first one was a huge disappointment (unit failed after just 2 years) so hopefully this one will be much better quality. I got a Sportsman Elite from Bass Pro. I look forward to sharing and learning from all of you "Seasoned Smokers" out there !! 

Nice to meet you Craig and welcome to the boards. Check out the search function and get comfortable. You'll be amazed what has already been thought of and saved. If you have the need all the guru's around here love to help. They may not know all the answers, but they know all the phone numbers to find 'em. The Guru's are those with a tag under their name saying Moderator or OTBS. You'll learn about them as you meander thru the posts. The people here are great folks, if we can't be smoking (and sharing what we did), we like to talk about smoking and share knowledge and secrets.

I read you had worn out one smoker already, but I will still make a suggestion. Keep a notebook of what you do, the when what where hows of your smokes to use in the future so you can remember what you liked and didn't and what you would like to try to make it better. Like a snipers kill book. I'll give a link to reference, you might see something you like.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/attachments/3

Make sure and sign up for Jeff's free E-course, its basic I know but its a great refresher for an old smoker like yourself. There will be along soon the Guru greeting party and a few un-Gurus.

Lasty, you might enter into you profile please and spend a second its fun and it helps others figure out where you are coming from. Make sure and add where you hang your hat at night because when asking a question or offering an opinion, its good to know if the weather there is 75 degrees or 30 below. It affects the smoke.

Look forward to seeing your smokes, we all bring something here, and enjoy sharing and maybe even inspiring someone else.

Nice meeting you Craig.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group Craig! Congrats on the new smoker! You'll find that this is a nice place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc. There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome to SMF!

We have a MES at work and it has never been outside. Fortunately we have a hood system and we can use it indoors. I actually am impressed with its ease of use, especially with adding a AMPS with it. I am thinking of adding one at home. As with anything we buy it is a crap shoot with issues.....

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Craig
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky