Just Another Quick Supper (Disco Lookalike)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Just Another Quick Supper

Stealing a page from Disco’s book, I whipped up a quick supper tonight.  Miss Linda is away for a couple of days, so I decided to smoke some salmon.  The only time I bother to make fish is when she’s away---she just can’t stand the stuff—I love it.

So I took a couple of bags of Costco Stuffed Salmon out of the freezer to thaw.  Once they were thawed, I removed the stuffing (rice, imitation crab, and shrimp) and set it aside. 

I rinsed off the salmon, patted it dry with paper towels, and set it out in front of a fan for a couple of hours to develop the pellicle.  A light seasoning of lemon pepper, cracked sea salt, and dried dill were all that I used. 

I set the MES for 225 and filled and lit the AMNPS loaded up with Alder.  Just the other day, at Dave Omak’s suggestion, I put 4 legs on the AMNPS to improve air flow under the pellets.  What a great difference that  made!!  I didn’t have to nuke the pellets as I usually do, and the AMNPS performed flawlessly in the mailbox.

The salmon went into the MES on the second rack and the tinfoil pie plate of the rice stuffing went on the first rack.

I let it smoke for just under an hour and pulled it when the IT hit 135*. 

The salmon was great—moist, tender and flaky.  Just how I like it.  The stuffing mixture took on a nice bit of mild smoke and was a lot more flavorful that just oven cooking it in the salmon.  I served them up with my red cabbage, raisin, and dried cranberry coleslaw.

Thanks Disco for the great idea.  
thumb1.gif

Gary

GH, nice meal !

Looks delicious Gary!

Nice job!

Al
Thanks guys.  I love all types of seafood, but never get much chance to eat it.  I'm the only one who eats it, so its hardly worth the effort.  I just save my seafood for Miss Linda's monthly trip to Calgary to check up on her dad.

Gary

Gary glad to see you are back That looks tasty Points

Richie
Thanks Richie.  I'm only back for about 2 weeks, then I'm off to the next job.

And thanks for the point.

BTW, I made your peach cobbler.  Its fantastic.  We both loved it.  Thanks for bumping that old post.

Gary

a) yours looks much tastier than mine.

b) if you look at my avatar, you don't want anything that is a Disco lookalike!

Nice looking salmon!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky