July 4th menus?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ah, yes. Peach cobbler. Brian, you did it again. It just went on the menu. We're eating onion gravy smothered bone-in pork chops tonight. Probably burgers Saturday and a smoked meatloaf Sunday. Oooh, got some Nathan's Jumbo dogs in the freezer. Might push the burgers.
I like it out of the fridge best.

I better come up with one. Storms early morning. Went to intended lake, whitecaps like crazy already by 6:30 and suppose to enhance throughout the day. There will be better days.
Too bad, but yes, always a better day coming.

My plans going the other way too. The majority wants to boat down and anchor up at a beach this afternoon ... so On return just late day drinks and short cook required.
Hmmm ... sounding like burgers, brats, dogs, ...?

But going to be 95+ and humidity ... on return For us old farts might be liquid dinner here in the AC, and let the kids/grandkids do their thing. Another better day coming here too :emoji_fingers_crossed:

Reactions: Winterrider
As expected, smoker gets the day off. Just got off the boat.
So Steak & shrimp kabobs and corn on cob at the kids On his Blackstone ... I’m bringing Parmesan-garlic potato wedges ... then back on the boat for the fireworks.
Maybe get the smoker fired up tomorrow for ribs and butt.
Hope y’all having a good 4th.

As expected, smoker gets the day off. Just got off the boat.
So Steak & shrimp kabobs and corn on cob at the kids On his Blackstone ... I’m bringing Parmesan-garlic potato wedges ... then back on the boat for the fireworks.
Maybe get the smoker fired up tomorrow for ribs and butt.
Hope y’all having a good 4th.

Sounds like a good and decent B plan.
Besides, who could resist some surf and turf?

My plan " B " , beings the wife is gone turned out to be the last of my deer heart ( she doesn't like anyhow) and some fried onions and taters and a couple Premiers.
20200704_175658.jpg

A firefighter brought me some steak tips, does that count? I was doing their fireworks, so mainly just snack food throughout the day(weekend actually as I shot the night before north of there). I was snacking on ham I made from scratch to bring along, very good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky