Juicy Smoked Rib Eye Steak W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008
I need to start cleaning the freezer out and I will explain that soon in another thread. Anyway I did this tonight.

Smoked at 150' until 115' and seared 4 minutes per side.

It was painted with Yoshidas and gran garlic and lemon pepper.

Enjoy.

RonP, it just doesn't get any better than that. RibEye is king out here in Kansas. Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better be careful Ron, might run out of Yoshidas soon
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Hope the freezer problem wasn't too bad but you got a nice tasty looking steak out of whatever happened.

Ron that looks good except that it is not red in the center - I like em where you stick a fork in them and they moo - Nice smoke

I had to zap it for Carol, but believe me it was pretty rare even for her.

DITTO. It's pretty damn royal up here too. The cut by which the whole is judged. My favorite also. Great looking steak Ron.

About an hour and 1/2 I think since I smoke to temp.

Dang it Ron, I finished breakfast 2 hours ago and now I'm hankering for a ribeye!! That is a great looking piece of meat!

Believe it or not, Ma Dutch and me went grocery hunting last night and Ma suggested that we get some steaks for Saturday's supper. I agreed and when she asked if I wanted a porterhouse or a ribeye I said "the ribeye". Ma looked at me funny like and asked if I was feeling ok. I like a good porterhouse but lately I've been enjoying the ribeyes more.

I used to be a porterhouse guy years ago, then when they changed the grading standards for the worse I switched over, its hard to find a nice marbeled porterhouse today.

Looks good, Ron. I have always seared my steaks first, then smoked. I got that from a reciepe somewhere.

Do you think there is a difference if you smoke first and then sear, like you did?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky