Jiggs, from Round Hill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jiggseob

Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
have no experience, no equipment, and NO SCREW-UPS...

but that will change.

Considering building something, but I'd like whatever I build to be somewhat idiot-proof. I'm an insurance adjusters nightmare, and my wife is tiring of phoning 911.

Considering buying something, like one of those Bradley digital, or a Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain.

Would like to smoke my own sausage, bacon, hams, and the thanksgiving turkey. We get 18# turkeys for large gathering.

Welcome all advice.

Well Jiggs, that was quite the introduction. With that being said, welcome to the SMF. Take your time about selecting your smoker, just remember most of us add/upgrade/replace our smokers at one tme or another. It's all good.

Welcome to SMF. Take the time and read the great info that is available here. Ask questions and make an informed decision about the smoker that will best meet your needs.

Just a word of warning, you probably won't stop at one.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to SMF . you're in the right place to learn all your desires ... research , research , research ... and practice ...don't forget the pics , we all love q-view ... and 1 smoker prolly won't be enough
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum. There's plenty of advice here to help you decide on a smoker.

After you get your first rig, things will change, so be prepared...you will become more confident, cook for your family and neighbors, get some good feedback, take some stuff to the office, maybe a neighborhood event, consider a contest (or two), decide that you need additional space in your cooker, upgrade (possibly a couple of times), and become a first rate chef. The info at this site will speed that process, and it is quite a fun journey...be prepared because good times are ahead!

Welcome aboard,

BBQ Eng.

Welcome Jiggs! Glad you joined us. Whether you decide to build your own rig or start out buying one, there is lots of help here. Perhaps buying one would save your wife and your insurance man some grief!
biggrin.gif

Nah just stay on the sidelines and offer criticism!

Just kidding! LOL Welcome to SMF. Good first post by the way lots of advice and good people here to draw off of. Just gotta decide whether the emergency room cost of building one is cheaper than buying one ;)

If your handy with metal and fabrication you might consider building an insulated smoker. The ones you mention are fines smokers as well or so I understand.

Welcome. You have found the mother load of knowledge here. When you find what you want lets us know and you will find that someone has been there before. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky