Jerky lover looking to replicate favorite jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spicyjerky

Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
Newb here, long time jerky lover. Made my first batch recently, don't ever want to buy jerky again... Well, except for one.

Divine Bovine jerky. 

Here's some details:

* Our recipe has been developed and perfected for more than three generations.
* We only use thinly-sliced cuts of brisket of beef.
* Our beef is dry-aged for 30 days. This process adds to the tenderness of the meat.
* Our jerky is marinated for 24 hours - unlike other artificially flavored products that dilute dry ingredients and quick-dip their tough strips!
* Our jerky is slow-cooked to preserve the tenderness of the gourmet cuts.
* We use natural honey as our preservative. This eliminates the need for unnatural chemical additives.
* No nitrates or MSG.

Here's a shot of my favorite flavor that I would love to replicate: Hot n Tangy, which claims to combine pineapple with chile peppers.

Obviously I know that I won't be able to replicate this jerky, but I would like to get near the same texture. 

Guys, Please help me on my journey to make my favorite jerky! I won't give up until I succeed!

BTW, I can get back with more information, but I'm a complete noob, with a decent dehydrator and no meat slicer or smoker. PLEASE HELP!

says it combines pinap

Well thanks for the very cool link. Havent got around to using brisket but I thought about it. Whats the pros and cons?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky