jerky cure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

duck killer 1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 22, 2009
Rolla, MO
for the pro's out there. i had some goose breast curing in the fridge and hadn't had time to smoke it and so it's been in there now since sunday about noon. it's friday night now. do you think it's cured for too long and is it possibly unsafe? thanks in advance for your input

by the way the cure i'm using is a jerky kit style cure and the meat is cut into strips

You really can't over cure meat. You're talking 6 days and thats really not long at all. I'm not sure what ya used for a cure but depending on the salt content it might be saltier then if you did it for a day or two. Smokem up and post some Q-view!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky