Jeff's Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swalker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
NW Arkansas
My wife does not care for Jeff's rib rub. She says it is too hot for her. So I am removing the cayenne pepper for her. Has anyone else tweaked the recipe? Just wondering if I should add a spice back or just make it and leave the cayenne out.

Thoughts  appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

My wife does not care for Jeff's rib rub. She says it is too hot for her. So I am removing the cayenne pepper for her. Has anyone else tweaked the recipe? Just wondering if I should add a spice back or just make it and leave the cayenne out.

Thoughts  appreciated.

Thanks, Steve
You don't have to replace heat with any kind of recipe.

If it was up to Mrs Bear, there would be no rub & no smoke, so I know where you're coming from.

Get a bottle of Franks Hot Sauce for yourself.

Bear

That's the beauty of Smoking, there are no rules saying you MUST use this  or  do that , just do it the way you and your Family like it, and be the Dad and have your Spices on hand at eating time.

Have fun and as always. . .

Like Bear and Stan already stated, you can tweak any rub recipes to personal tastes.  I have to do this too, because Mrs. Red doesn't like the heat as much as I do.  You can adjust both the cayenne and the black pepper amounts to lessen or strengthen the heat of the recipe.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky