Jeff's rub on pork butt?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shelton573

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2014
SE Iowa
I got tired of reading recipes and posts where it says "apply Jeff's rub..." so I broke down and bought it to see what all the hype is about plus I really want to try his honey BBQ wings where you soak them in buttermilk
thumb1.gif
.  My question for now is does this rub go good with pork butt or will it be real sweet?  I am doing 3 butts for a party this weekend and wanted to give it a try on them but didn't know if it is best used on smaller cuts of meat like ribs, chicken, t-loin, etc.  Let me know your experience with it if you get a chance.  Also open to suggestions of what the rub goes best with. Thanks!

Shelton

Like you said, it's great on ribs. My tweak to his recipe was to sweeten it up a little. So, while I have not used it on a butt, I can't imagine it being too sweet. but, it's nothing that a little cayenne would not help. Just my $0.02

Works great on butts. I use it pretty much on all pork products. Really enjoy it on a loin also.

Works great on pretty much everything pork, beef, poultry, venison

Thanks for the info guys!  I was going to do one with Jeff's, one with Plowboys and one with Money but I think I will just jump right in and do them all with Jeff's so it takes the guess work out of which butt is which when I get into the beer a bit much (I have seen me do it before hah).

Shelton

I will also add that I am going to smoke them at 275 in the UDS.  I shouldn't have any issue with the rub burning should I? 

Shelton

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky