Jeff's Naked Rub questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

av8tor

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I am getting ready to purchase the "famous" Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Naked Rub recipe but first have some questions. Are the ingredients locally available or are there items that need to be purchased online? What size batch does it make and how long will the dry unused rub keep? Thanks

AV8TOR
All ingredients should be avaiable to you locally, they are quite common.

Makes a good sized batch, enoug to do about 4 to 6 sides of ribs pending how much you put on.....

The rub can be kept in a ziplock for as long as the spices and/or ingredients have a shelf life.

Good stuff, you will not be disappointed !!!

I keep mine in a small coffee can. Plastic containers won't keep it fresh as long. I use it on everything except poultry. I have something special for poultry.

I should have asked this question as well, how hot does this rub taste? I ask only because I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to turn off the Mrs. as she does not like it too hot.

I was at the Rendezvous in Memphis recently and boy I really liked their dry rub. That was not spicy to me; does anyone know how Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s compares to that?

Not really hot, in fact I usually add a little Everglades Heat to it
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

AV8TOR, I bought Jeff's Rub and Sauce recipes, I was talked into it and was told u can't go wrong, everyone was right, u will not go wrong. If u r worried about the heat just leave out the cayiene and chile pwdr and it will still be just as great tasting

Great thanks for the replies - will order it later today.
Sounds like you canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t go wrong with all of the great feedback.

Well I don't taste the rub it self, But it gives great flavor to the meat.
It's not spicy at all.
It you take away any ingredients, then you just have a pile of spices.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I just used it on a 6.5# Pork Butt. I pretty much used the whole batch on the 1 pork butt, but I coated it pretty heavy. This rub is definately worth the money. Plus you get the BBQ sauce recipe which is also outstanding.

The recipe is Jeff's very own and he sells it to support this site. Nobody will give it away which speaks to the integrity of the great ppl on this site.

One thought on storing rubs. I double ziploc them and put them in the freezer. I've kept some for months without any noticable loss of flavor.

Get it. It is worth it. You can tweak the heat to how you want it. I would also recommend getting the BBQ sauce also. they go great together. I think he has a package deal for both recipes.

Just got the rub and sauce ordered
icon_razz.gif

Now if my smoker would just come in. Bass Pro is now saying 3-4 days for the GOSM Big Block......then it's road trip time.

there are some items in the rub that can be clumpy. the recipe has a suggestion but i found that a flour sifter works wonders at getting the clumps out.

I ordered Jeff's recipe.....how long does it take to get it? I can't help but be excited to try it after so many people have raved about it.

should be fairly quick. My order to jeff got stuck in his spam filter. If you did not receive it in a couple hours send him an email and he will ship it out to you.

Yep, that was what happened. He responded quickly and now have "THE RECIPE". Thanks Jeff for the quick response.

I just ordered Jeffs rub and sauce recipe about an hour ago. So if I understand you guys right he will e-mail it to me?
I'm glad I found this site, got a lot of good imfo from here already, now i can give back a bit by buying the rub and sauce recipes..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky