Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and Special Sauce Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iporkbutts

Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Going to order anyway to support, so I'm not looking for details or anything. Just want to know if it is a "sweet" rub or not. Hope it's a fair question and not out of bounds.

I've used it for a while now on everything and I don't consider it sweet at all even though it has a fair amount of brown sugar it it. I love it on ribs.

It is really that good. You will lover the rub and the sauce. So run don't stop and get the recipes.

Just a tip: I replaced the brown sugar with turbinado (raw) sugar. It works great and doesn't tend to burn as easily as brown sugar.

Just wanted to say welcome and hello, don't know about the rib rub but, would like to know where I could get some? Love the avatar by the way!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

The best thing to do is to try the recipe as it is written and modify it according to your own taste. Make it hotter, sweeter, less sweet or whatever suits you. I add my recommendation to the many who have given theirs. It is great and the paltry amount helps Jeff.

Shawn

I downloaded the recipes last night and will try both the rub and sauce this weekend as they are written. See how it goes before any modifications. Thanks all!

I used it over Thanksgiving on 2 turkeys and a ham, they were awesome, there was none left and everyone liked it. Money well spent!

Tried the rub and sauce on some chicken as a test. O.K., Jeff gets to keep my money. In fact, after trying it, I jumped into the truck and drove over to my momma's so I could slap her. She just tilted her head to the side and said "so you finally tried Jeff's rub and sauce?".

Admittedly, I was skeptical when I first saw the recipe, but you are foolish if you don't try this. It's very good. Money well spent to say the least.

I'm going for ribs tomorrow.

I'm going to be doing my first rack of spares this weekend. This will be a family dinner, so my kids will be eating. Will my kids be turning up their noses saying its "to spicy"? 4yo and 9yo twins. All three say everything is "spicy". They think I'm crazy to load up on the crushed red peppers on my pizza!

K

I bought it over a year ago and have yet to try it. Guess I need to give it a try.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky