Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and Sauce recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

undertow

Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Howdy gang:

Without anyone divulging any corporate secrets, I wonder how adaptable Jeff's Naked Rib Rub and sauce recipes are for low-sugar-requirement consumers?

I will be smoking/grilling for a diabetic, and many rubs and sauces (ESPECIALLY sauces!) are heavily reliant on high-sugar content ingredients like brown sugar or molasses... we have a reasonable substitute for white sugar, maple syrup, and some juices and jellies -- but "packed brown sugar" is one of the common items we just cannot substitute. That's not to say it can't be an ingredient, but if it's 50% of the volume, we'll have to look elsewhere...

Given the amount of information on this site, I have no problem forking over the dough for his recipes, however if they will be throw-aways for low-carb gourmets... I'd rather just make a donation.

TIA!

I am a diabetic and have been using Splenda's Brown Sugar Blend with no problems as a brown sugar substitute. Make sure to use half the amount of it as you would brown sugar. I have used it in both his rub and sauce and have been pleased with the results.

The lady has it going on.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky