JB Weld for Mail box?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chipmanbbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 1, 2016
Do you guys think I would have any issues using some sort of JB weld to attach my dryer vent duct to the actual mail box?

I see a lot of people use high temp aluminum tape, but I figured I could get a cleaner look and possibly a better seal using JB weld.

The only thing I was worried about was fumes, but I'm not sure the mailbox will get hot enough to cause any problems.

Any thoughts?

I put Permatex Ultra Copper RTV 700*F silicone on the outside of the joint. Great seal but also not as permanent. Plus you can seal probe/cable therm joints, make pucks in tea light aluminum candle molds for for cooking chamber probe holders etc. I found it for $5.00 at Menards. Probably at any automotive department.
-Kurt

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky