Jalapeno Jelly inspired by GOT14U

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great. We love Japapeno jam on toast for breakfast. I have also been thinking aobut how it should work great as a glaze on roasted chicken. got to try that someday.

awsome job TasunkaWitko..

SmokinPhil...I like the chicken idea. I was leaning towards pork. I think I'll just do both

Shweeeeet!
babysmall.gif

I'm glad you brought that up.
I had read that years and years ago and completely forgot about it.
Great looking jelly, wonder how well it would work with different kinds of peppers.

that's a confusing sentence that i wrote in the orignial post. i tried to clarify it a bit without luck.

they are pint jars. they are not the little gift/jelly jars (one step up from them) and they are not the big quart jars (one step down from them).

so, the total yield i got from each batch was 9 cups, which fills 4.5 jars of the 1-pint size.

hope that clarifies a little.

to all - thaks for the compliments! this was my first attempt at jam/jelly, although i did make some chokecherry syrup a little while ago....

napalm - as GOT1 said, any peppers will work. i do have a recipe specifically for habanero pepper jelly/jam called "habanero gold." if you're interested, let me know and i can post it.

napalm - as GOT1 said, any peppers will work. i do have a recipe specifically for habanero pepper jelly/jam called "habanero gold." if you're interested, let me know and i can post it.

I have been eye balling that one also....we really need to get off this same wave length..lol

Hubby makes a hot pepper jelly, we have many different peppers so he does a selection. He tries to put different colors in his. He doesn't use food coloring, so the jelly is more transparent with the look of confetti floating around in there!

He also did a batch last year with black berries..OMG that was good.
Spread it over a block of cream cheese and spread on crackers. We used as a glaze on pork tenderloin and it was wonderful!

I have a sis-in law that does this with her jalapeno and habs. The other sis-in-law will take a tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly and mix it into her fudge recipe dang wicked good stuff. She wants to make some fudge using some hab jelly but none of us guys have the cast iron gut to even want to try it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky