Jaegerschnitzel, Spaetzle & Roasted Asparagus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
New to me but I'm sure I could handle that plate and be called a newbie.

Warren
Oh man, if you ever get the opportunity to try German food - go for it! I'm biased because my heritage background is German, but I think the food is sensational. I never had a bad meal over there or at German restaurants in the U.S.

C. Company 44th sig. Bn. Darmstadt. From 1983 to 1986. I was in multi-channel communication. Also did 4 years 1/27th Inf. Wolfhounds. HI. What about you? Dates corrected, I had to check my 214!

A good friend of mine was in the 1/27th Inf, "Wolfhounds".
John Russel Millikan. KIA August 18, 1968.
Turned 21 in July---Killed in August. RIP Johnny.

Bear

Schnitzel looks good. I normally use pork scallopini.
They are thin, 1/4 to 3/8 inch, perfect for schnitzel. I prefer potato salad as a side.

A good friend of mine was in the 1/27th Inf, "Wolfhounds".
John Russel Millikan. KIA August 18, 1968.
Turned 21 in July---Killed in August. RIP Johnny.

Bear

Sorry for the loss of your friend Bear. I had some great memories while in the Wolfhounds. Nec Aspera Terrent . The company I was in, Combat support, no longer exists.

Schnitzel looks good. I normally use pork scallopini.
They are thin, 1/4 to 3/8 inch, perfect for schnitzel. I prefer potato salad as a side.
I got a house full of kids - those thin chops don't fill them up and they prefer the noodles over potato salad. Like you, I too prefer potato salad. Thank for replying.

So you breaded the chops then poured the gravy over them before baking...didn't give them a quick fry?
Excellent question. Usually I pound them down and give them a quick fry, but on this particular day I just didn't have the time. Truth be told, my family preferred them this way over the pounding and quick frying.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky