It's Wednesday! Meat on sale.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Local market has spare ribs, two slabs in cryovac, $1.29 lb., whole brisket in cryo, $1.29 lb. - 4th of July sale.
Baby backs $3.99 lb., not on sale.
Spares are the rib of choice. Price, meaty, flavor, big ol' bones to throw back over your shoulder.
(OK, she doesn't let me throw them over my shoulder)
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Mike:

Sounds like there is going to be a lot of good eating down your way. I'm hoping to get down to the store today and see what's on sale although I already am committed to some BB ribs for the weekend.

Go Get Em Mike! Sounds like you're gonna stock up on some smokin groceries.

We are getting ripped off down here. Brisket $1.48 lb. and $1.59lb. 2-pack cryo. Ours should be at least as cheap, everybody knows us hillbillies ain't got no money.
mad.gif

What stores are the prices you mention from Mike? I have been known to make a meat run on the way home from work.

I hear you about the hillbillies and no money! Know 1st hand. Only hillbilly ever had any money was Jed Clampitt.
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

Apple Market in Peculiar. Take the Peculiar exit, then the 1st right between the two banks. They put out a sale ad every Wednesday and have a 12 hour meat sale every so often with some good buys. I'll keep you posted.
I went for a brisket, already have ribs in the freezer. The "jiggle" thing.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks, I'll check them out Sat. morning on the way home. Ya know, if you time it just right I could come by and help check to see if the brisket is done. Maybe between us we can remember the proper jiggle for the SmokyOky brisket.
icon_redface.gif

Y'all ain't the only hillbillies around. Some escaped and moved west a bit.

"Folks said, "Jed, move away from there".
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Take your shoes off, sit a spell.

Yeah. I spent 11 years in the tundra up in Minisoda.
Loaded my snow blower in my pickup, drove south until someone asked me what that thing in the back was. Figured I'd gone far enough.
Seriously liked Minnesota though.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Just had to chime in here after looking at the sale papers-
pork spareribs (2-3 slabs per pack) $1.47lb
boston butt $1.79lb
baby back ribs $3.99lb
........those are the close stores.......
There is a store at Amelia Island that has boston butt for $0.97lb

Local Costco

No butts as usual :(
Spare 1.99, Baby Backs 3.39

Although a friend clued me into a new meat market, have to check it out.

Lucky me, our local "Albertson's" has Baby Backs for $2.99.

Got about 15 lbs for Sunday's Q.

Dang Ya'll I wish I knew where these stores are ya'll are talking about. I found spare ribs on sale also here in Phila. just 2.89 lbs yahoo what a deal. I forget what the brisket went for, but I know it had to be a lot.
I think it was around 16.00 for 2 slabs of spare ribs. Baby back seems to be the same all over 3.99 lbs.

with july 4th soon its spare time $1.79 lb
packer brisket avg 16 lb $1.69
trimmed $2.99 avg 8 lb

pork butts $1.29 lb

local brats and italian sausage $1.99 lb

ground chuck $1.99 lb

these are the STL area favorites on holiday and sunday grills...
wink.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky