It's that time of year again!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lennyluminum

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
ST. Petersburg, FL
Hunting season starts for me next weekend so lots of sausage will be getting made over the next few months.

What is your goto recipe for fresh venison sausage?

I have Italian, bratwurst , and Cajun sausage seasoning from sausage maker.com and I like them but what do you you guys like?

I'm making some Chile dogs tomorrow but with pork and beef [I have to wait till November for venison].  That was popular with the guy's last year and of course polish and summer.  Reinhard

I can't do smoked sausage until I get the pic set up on my older mes analog cause I don't have the plug for it. My other smoker (gosm) won't hold temps low enough to smoke sausage.

I think I'm gonna give it try as fresh sausage and see how it turns out.

I made up the king sausage last night and will stuff it today after work. It really smells good I can't wait to try it.

I couldn't find crushed mustard seed so I bought whole mustard seed and crushed it up myself so I hope it turns out right.

You can make a good venison summer sausage by smoking a bit and then finishing off in the oven @170 degrees  for 10 to 12 hours depending on the size and temp of the product. The Sausage maker has kits w/everything you need or you can mix your own seasoning and buy the casings ,I use the 3 1/2 x 24 which holds close to 5 pounds. You will get your smoky flavor and be able to control the temp later by using the oven. CM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky