It's Spatchcock Chicken & Pork Belly Burnt ends today.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
My last smoke in the new smoker today before I return to work for the next few weeks. And to think, I'd never even heard of a spatchcock chicken until a few weeks ago.

This forum is not going to help my waste size. Not one bit..........

Fixing to pull the chickens out of the brine and fire up the smoker.

Yes, this forum can increase the desire to try new things. Spatchcock chicken was one of them and it is a favorite. I'm ready to smoke a fatty next. Or maybe some ribs. No, maybe salmon. Darn the decisions one has to make.

"Spatchcock chicken was one of them and it is a favorite. I'm ready to smoke a fatty next. Or maybe some ribs. No, maybe salmon. Darn the decisions one has to make."

Maybe you just need a bigger smoker. Do them all at once and take the guess work out of it :-) Hey....it worked for me once the wife got on board with REALLY good food!!

Robert

Yoder loaded w chicken & pork belly.JPG

Loaded the Yoder with 2 chickens and some large cubes of Pork Belly. Used Naked Rub on one of the chickens and on all of the pork belly
Chicken and pork belly 2 hours.JPG

About 2 hours in. Looking good. Ran the smoker on 250 with a smoke tube full of perfect pellets.
Chicken pulled.JPG

Pulled the Chickens @ 165 breast temp. They turned out very good.
Pork Belly pulled.JPG

Followed Jeff's recipe on the pork belly burn ends. Did one batch with Jeff's sauce & honey and I did the others with some Strawberry/Jalapeno pepper jelly & honey. Only thing I did different from Jeff's recipe after I had put them in the pans (covered for about 90 min) I drained all the juice & fat out of the pans and returned them uncovered for about 30 mins just to get a good bark on them. Man I got to stop cooking these pork bellys - they're so good. It's been another good weekend.
Hope everybody had a good weekend too and y'all have a good week. I think I'll go eat - again.......

Nice looking cook on them hens, and ends.

Point for sure.

Chris

Great looking cook.
I can only imagine how that chicken skin tasted!!

Cuing up some pork belly burnt ends this weekend coming. You make it hard to wait!

Thanks guys, the belly drippings on the chicken was by design but wasn't as noticeable as I thought it would be, Everything turned out good that day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky