It's Finally Done, My New 300gal RF Trailer

Discussion in 'Reverse Flow' started by matts, Jun 27, 2010.

1. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

After a month solid of a lot of work..  I finally got the trailer done, well pretty much.  Still a couple small things to do.  

Won't go into any details as the whole step by step build is on another thread.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/94419/rf-trailer-build-starting-it-s-getting-close

So I will just show the pics.  I still need to clean up a few paint spots and do a little tweaking here and there and a couple more options added that will cost a couple bucks, but I am done for a while.  

duck killer 1, dutch, lugnutz and 7 others like this.
  2. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice looking build Matt, I am impressed !!!

3. shooterrick

shooterrick Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very nice rig!  Congrats!

4. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

WOWWWWSERRSSSSSSS!!  I likey!!! 

5. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

wow very nice

6. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

All I can say is SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Can I get a better pic of the cooking grates? Looks like they slide out?? 

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great [​IMG]

9. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Thanks everyone.  

Lugnutz, they do both slide out.  I took a could short pieces of angle iron and flipped them over and welded on the rails.  This forms a channel so I can slide the grates most of the way out and not have them fall out.  I wanted to use channel as my rails, but didn't want to spend the extra money.

10. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Man I need something like that ( ok..need is kinda strong...want is more like it, then again I don't need a 45 cal pistol capable of takin down deer at 150 yards but I got one) [​IMG]

How do I sell this to the wife?? I sold her on the UDS cause it was a me and kids cheap project, I have almost sold her on a UDS cold smoker for sausage, but a smoker that can feed my town parked in my yard?????? 

11. duck killer 1

duck killer 1 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

very nice build MattS! i really like the tool box idea![​IMG]

12. fourthwind

fourthwind Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome!  Look forward to the first smoke and qview!

13. randya

randya Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Matt, what a great build!  It really shows a lot of craftsmanship and I applaud you greatly on a JOB WELL DONE! [​IMG]Can’t wait to see the 1stsmoke from it.

Thanks for sharing, randya

14. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man, Matt-you have come along way on this project from an old trailer and a rusty old tank to a real work of craftsmanship!!  Can't wait to see what you're gonna put on this thing for the maiden smoke!!

Since I can't give you any point for this build, I clicked on the "thumbs up" icon at the bottom of your post. Now this thread has a 2 rating.  [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  15. lugnutz

lugnutz Smoking Fanatic

Make that 3..hmm didn't know I could do that [​IMG]

16. matts

matts Smoking Fanatic

Thanks everyone.  I went to Sam's today scouting the meat selection and started recruiting buddies for an all nighter.  I got a big family/friend party this weekend and have been rushing to get this thing done.  After a few tweaks on it tonight, tomorrow starts the burns.  I figure I will be burning in this thing for the next couple few nights learning how it acts and then late friday or EARLY saturday I will be able to load the racks with goodness.  

Matt

17. mythmaster

mythmaster Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That thing looks awesome, and another "thumbs up" from me!  I'm looking forward to seeing some Q from it, also. [​IMG]

18. harryho

harryho Smoke Blower

She's a beauty!!! Nice....nice job!

19. fftwarren

fftwarren Smoking Fanatic

awesome job, that is first class right there. One thing is for sure, you have found your side job after retirement. that is a beautiful pit

20. Very nice rig. Good luck this weekend.