It's been a while since I did a cook-off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
For those that have been here a long while know that I used to actively compete in Dutch Oven Cook-offs and then left the circuit when Ma and me lost our son.

Well, after six years of collecting dust, I've pulled a couple of ovens out and will be doing a just for fun Dutch Oven Cook-off this Saturday.  Have a choice of either doing a Entree or a dessert but I figure "What the heck-go big or stay home", so I'll be doing one of each.  Haven't given much thought about what I'll be cooking for the main, but Ma wants me to do my variation of a Black Forest cake.

I'll take along my camera and post up pic's of whatever I turn out of them ol' black pots.

Enjoy!

Yaaaaaa!!

Have a great time!!

Will be waiting on the pictures!!!!

Craig

Go Big Dutch! 
icon14.gif

Well the competition seems to be gearing up!!  I had a several phone calls and one drop in visitor stop by the house last night and the conversations covered two topics 1) Am I going to be cooking; and 2) What am I going to cook. . . Of course I was very diplomatic and too the point with my responses which were "Yes"; "Food" and "See ya on Saturday!!" 
biggrin.gif

Well the competition seems to be gearing up!!  I had a several phone calls and one drop in visitor stop by the house last night and the conversations covered two topics 1) Am I going to be cooking; and 2) What am I going to cook. . . Of course I was very diplomatic and too the point with my responses which were "Yes"; "Food" and "See ya on Saturday!!" 
biggrin.gif
Hmmmm----Concern among the ranks?!?!

Bear

Well, Here are my two entries that I did for the Church Dutch Oven Cook-off:

5e4d1aae_DutchOvenChicken.jpg

Dutch Oven Chicken with Balsamic Glaze-Won "Best Presentation"

28f0be2e_DutchOvenBlackForestCake.jpg

Dutch Oven Black Forest Cake-Won "Too Delicious for Words"

My youngest son helped out with these dishes-he's been wanting to learn how to cook Dutch.  His comment afterwards was "Man-I can't believe how much work is involved"!

Just wait 'til we do our first actual event when there is a time limit involved and we have three items to prepare.

Wow those came out great Dutch. Glad to see ya back in the saddle again. Congrats on the wins too.

bravo.png

That stuff looks fabulous Dutch...

Got me get my D.O. cooking on now.

Gonna make a fresh blueberry crisp for after the day late fathers day smoke..

Great to see ya back at it!!!

Craig

Rock and Roll... We want samples especially the CAKE...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky