It's been a long time coming! (BBQ/Ribs)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jp61

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 6, 2011
NE Ohio
Hope all is well...

I haven't smoked anything for probably going on 2.5 years.
Today that's all going to change :)

Have the WSM heating up and waiting for TBS before putting on the meat. Two racks of spare ribs seasoned with KC BBQ rub. Using apple for smoke. Water in pan and just going off of lid thermometer. Outside conditions at the moment partly sunny 49°F and windy.

20180224_194643.jpg

20180224_215559.jpg

20180225_123310.jpg

Reactions: zerowin
Looks Great!
That sounds like one heck of a long dry spell.
Have fun rekindling an old love!

I'm finishing some Candied Salmon Nuggets today. Final lap, honey glaze, Oak smoke finish.

Thought I'd post these two pics if any WSM owners are interested (one option) in making their smoker mobile. Nothing fancy but it beats dragging it. Last year I installed these on my woodworking tools and thought, hmmm... why not. They're from HF.

20180225_131902.jpg

20180225_131934.jpg

Looks great...but frozen fries from the oven are not my fav these days.....

After 2.5 years you must be emaciated. Eat man...EAT!

Just like riding a bike!!! Nice job, ribs look delicious!!

Thank you!
Yes, but I need to find my remote digital thermometer. Although the smoker didn't require many adjustments I got a nice workout checking on chamber temps.

They'd be gone quick at my house, nice looking char on those!

Thank you!

Looks great...but frozen fries from the oven are not my fav these days.....

After 2.5 years you must be emaciated. Eat man...EAT!

Thank you!
lol yeah, I know what you mean about the fries but it's better than no fries.

Nice Ribs, Joe!!!:)
Like.
Plate looks Great Too!!Bear

Thanks Bear!
I had fun smoking these ribs.

I say, jolly good show old boy

Thanks Johnny! :)

That's awesome. I love using that same Weber rub for my ribs. It has a really nice kick to it but stays sweet. Man those ribs look delicious.

George

Thank you George!
Yeah, that rub is pretty good.
I failed to mention that I also applied two coats of sweet baby ray's the last hour or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky