Italian sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richinct

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Tried something different, Italian sausage stuffed with peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, mozz cheese. It was kind of hard to put together but it came out great.

0_6_10-picture48001-smoke-8-5-10-sausage-005-small.jpg

I sauteed the veggies a little the night before and chilled them. I think I sauteed them a little too long.

0_6_10-picture48002-smoke-8-5-10-sausage-006-small.jpg

I made a rub with some Italian seasonings, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder. I skipped the bacon wrap because the sausage is already pretty fatty (besides I didn't have any in the house) I think it was fine without the bacon.

0_6_10-picture48004-smoke-8-5-10-sausage-008-small.jpg

I smoked it for about 4-1/2 hours @ 225-250, internal temp 170. The stuff on top is some cheese that leaked out the side, I spooned it on top, didn't want to waste it.

0_6_10-picture48005-smoke-8-5-10-sausage-009-small.jpg

Sliced it after letting it rest for about 45 mins. I served it with some marinara sauce, I froze some slices in individual packets with some of the sauce spooned on, will make some nice quick meals or snacks later.

The hardest part of this was putting it together,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky