• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Is there a tasty, healthy and quick breakfast that is not eggs?

liam76

Joined Nov 12, 2020
I have been getting really bored of eggs and I don't want to eat sugary pastries for breakfast. I have been searching for something but everything I see takes more than 20 minutes which is not ideal. What are some different, exciting, fast and maybe even customiseable breakfast foods that you would reccomend?

crazymoon

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 24, 2014
L, Brine and smoke a pork loin for some great canadian bacon.A quick sear in the fry pan and it's ready to go with a piece of toast!

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Toasted everything bagel with jalepeno cream sheese, sausage patty and thinly sliced smoked cheddar sandwich.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
My family keeps Chickens and Ducks. We get about a Dozen Eggs a day so I eat eggs 6 days a week. I totally understand wanting something different. I'm not sure of the Brand but my Wife buys these Frozen Fully Baked Biscuits. They are of excellent taste and quality. A 1/4" Breakfast Sausage Patty on 3 of those, relatively small, Biscuits, makes a fabulous breakfast. Sometimes melted Cheese adds a different dimension. The other thing, don't dismiss Non-Traditional Breakfast Food. I frequently will have Leftover Chinese Food for Breakfast. PIZZA is a favorite as is, Grilled or Pressed Hot Sandwiches like, Hot Ham and Cheese, BLT, Grilled Cheese and Tomato or a Roast Beef , Swiss and Horseradish French Dip. All make delicious alternatives to Eggs.
All these items can be made, reheated, in 20 minutes or less. Healthy??? Eat a Salad for Lunch!...JJ

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
In Japan, miso soup is often eaten for breakfast. It is healthy and tasty.

JC :emoji_cat:

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
sliced ham and cheese on an english muffin, or sausage, canadian bacon...you get the idea. Premake some breakfast burritos and freeze, can be nuked in a few minutes. Make some fatties and smoke, slice and freeze in serving size of your choice. Yogurt with some granola mixed in.

Ryan

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
I have been getting really bored of eggs and I don't want to eat sugary pastries for breakfast. I have been searching for something but everything I see takes more than 20 minutes which is not ideal. What are some different, exciting, fast and maybe even customiseable breakfast foods that you would reccomend?
Hi there and welcome!

It depends on what you are wanting for breakfast and considering healthy per your diet or nutritional needs.

For high protein low carb and even low fat I second smoking and making some canadian bacon out of pork loin.

If you aren't avoid carbs but want to avoid sugars and want good carbs buy some steel cut oats and put in a bowl the night before with some milk or almond milk, a little cinnamon, a little salt, and some erythritol sweetener (zero carb, zero calorie, occurs naturally in the world so not a man invented sweetener). Cover with saran wrap, or just put this stuff all in a mason jar and the next morning the oats and all the flavors will have absorbed and be ready to eat like a great tasting cold oatmeal dish.
You can add additional flavorings/seasonings or ingredients according to what you deem "healthy". Pecans and a little fake maple flavoring (not sugar packed syrup) would be good additions.

Finally, you can get ground pork (usually 70/30) or even ground beef (80/20) and season up with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and a boatload of sage to make breakfast sausage patties. Thin ones cook up pretty quick and you can cook up a double batch for 2 day's worth if you dont mind reheating them. Also you can cook up a bunch of them and freeze and reheat whenever you want the same way people buy the crappy premade sausage patties in the frozen store aisle. The difference is you made these and know they are good :)

I hope this info helps :)

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I have the same breakfast every morning.
3 egg whites cooked in a non stick pan with a little Pam sprayed on it.
Then 1 1/2 servings of white corn meal grits.
I put a TBS of butter on the egg whites, and when they & the grits are done I put the grits in a bowl & put the egg whites on top. If you want to add salt & pepper, it gives it a better flavor. I try to stay away from salt, but for this dish I put a bit on it with some course ground black pepper.
It give me a lot of energy & not too many calories.
Al

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Bored of eggs, maybe you need to change up the side meat or bread?
There is a piece of ham on rye toast hiding under this egg
vhLDacA.jpg
Fish might be the answer! I like fish and one egg...
zUg3XMK.jpg
Or canned fish
D6VblOV.jpg
Or smoked fish with a bagel
6KfVbST.jpg

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Along the lines of SmokinAl SmokinAl above with grits, there is oatmeal, cream of wheat, granola, etc.
Though they're not keto if that is what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.