1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Is the VacMaster Pro still the best?

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by muddydogs, Sep 3, 2018.

1. muddydogs

muddydogs Smoking Fanatic

My Foodsaver stopped sucking in the middle of sealing some pork belly bacon packages so I ran to Cabelas and picked up one of there $150 units. Got the new unit home and while the lights come on it doesn't do anything, if a rap on the top of the unit it will work for about 2 seconds.
    In light of my recent hassles I'm really thinking about dropping some cash on a good unit. WebstaurantStore has the 350 for $240 and the 380 for $296.

2. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have the VM Pro 260. 5 years still going strong. And the VM VP112, Workhorse does liquids but its heavy unit.

3. old sarge

old sarge Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

VacMaster is popular for sure. When my old foodsaver died, I researched and went with LEM before they incorporated their bag holder which I did not want anyway. 5 year warranty. I like it a lot.

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have a VM pro 380 & love it.
    Had it about 2 years & got it at WebstaurantStore too.
    Al