Is pulled pork better reheated the next day? -----POLL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pulled pork tastes best

• just after it's done cooking and pulled

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • reheated the next day

• both are delicious equally

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hhookk

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2007
Saugus, Massachusetts
I have found that I like my pulled pork much better the next day. I add cider vinegar, brown sugar and bbq sauce right when it's pulled then I refrigerate immediately. When this is allowed to soak in overnight and is reheated the next day it's soooooo much better than fresh pulled. I must admit I have an extremely small personal sample size. I have only done 3 of my own butts, but each one tasted so much better the next day.

Just curious to see what everyone else thinks. Thanks

Try freezing it and re-warming it. I re-warm it by putting a pile on a paper plate, wrapping it all in paper towels and adding several drops of water on the paper towel, not enough to thoroughly soak it though, and heating it in a microwave. For some reason, in my opinion, it tastes so much better after it has been frozen. The smoke taste gets stronger yet so much better. Try it, you'll love it.

If you are going to get into smoking and freezing you need to invest in a vacum sealer. Just take the sealed meat and drop in a pot of simmering water and heat.

Last edited:
I picked the fresh probably because after thirteen hours waiting on dinner i am usually really hungry. and its like the thrill of the kill or cook.

I agree with Eman you need to have a vac sealer for sure

While Im just a rookie but I think its about equal.  Fresh pulled just tastes good because youve been waiting all day and the juices are flowwing.  Next day on the other hand, the flavors seem to meld together a little more, like chili. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky