Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by mr500, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mr500

mr500 Meat Mopper

2. flagriller

flagriller Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

No, you can get them new for that. I had one I bought at Lowes a few years back and paid $129 out the door. Shop around.

Just my 2 cents.

3. mr500

mr500 Meat Mopper

yupp. I was thinking about the same thing. But I was not 100% sure. I got the chargriller, but was looking at maybe a gasser. Just so I can say that I have one LOL.

Men and there toyzz!!!

4. graybeard

graybeard Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Lowes had them on sale for $89.00. Make them an offer.

beard

5. Looks almost identical to the Master Forge Lowes currently sells for $149 new. Difference is that the MF has two doors, so you can keep loading wood chips at the bottom without losing the heat up top.

6. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Offer 75.00

7. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Id check your local lowes and home depot and see what it is going for there. If its about $100 then id offer him $50

8. mgnorcal

mgnorcal Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Looks like the heavy cast iron pan in the bottom.

Doesn't seem very used.

I'd consider it at $80. Maybe bring a propane tank and test the burner.

Kinda depends on how tight your $ is, how certain you are about wanting a gas smoker like that, and how much space you've got for smokers, but this would let you test the waters at a lower price.

I've got 2 of those smokers and I'm real happy with them.

9. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    i've got one that i made mods to........just did a bbq for an ex-employer with it. hey all loved it and they are from kansas.