Is Cure #1 Safe For Dogs + Other Dog Friendly Ingredients

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adam d

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
I'm going to make my dog some jerky... but is Cure #1 safe for him? What are some other ingredients I can use that are safe for the dog... I want to marinade the beef just like I would for myself... I thought chicken stock or beef stock.

I would not feed my dog food with cure #1 in it.... Their metabolism may not handle it.... nitrite ties up the hemoglobin to NOT allow the organs to absorb oxygen.... they may be sensitive to it... BABIES are not allowed any food with nitrites in it....

Dogs aren't picky so why train one to be? Just dry the un-spiced beef in a 170-180 degree oven with the door cracked open and freeze or refrigerate til fed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky